Saturday, July 31, 2010

Harvest in July!

Yeah!!! In addition to some herbs and lettuce, I actually picked a full-size cucumber from my garden before the end of July!
I know Caprese Salad doesn't normally have cucumbers, but with such a great looking cucumber, I couldn't resist. Fresh cucumber and basil from the garden. Fresh tomato and mozzarella from the store. Yum! Can't wait for my own tomatoes - which are currently a tad small and very green!
All the rest is coming along as well - corn, carrots, onions, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, peas, beans, eggplant, parsnips...

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I'm amazed at how lush your garden looks. Way cool and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm convinced it's all about the soil! The July sunshine has certainly helped too!

    ReplyDelete