Friday, April 24, 2009

Get Rid of the Junk Mail!

About two years ago, I was fed up with all the catalogs I was receiving on a daily basis. I might like to shop from home every once in a while, but on a daily basis my mailbox was clogged with catalogs for toys, clothes, home and garden supplies, wine - you name it.

To stop the madness, I signed up for Green Dimes about two years ago. The idea, at the time, was that for a dime a day they would stop any specific catalog that I requested. The results were quick and amazing! They have since changed their name to Tonic Mailstopper and reduced their price to $20/year.

The US Postal Services says that over one billion pieces of junk mail were sent last year so the potential to save trees and reduce greenhouse gases is huge. Save yourself the bother of recycling the unwanted mail and just stop it before it ever gets produced. I love how little mail I get now!

No comments:

Post a Comment