Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall Days

For the five years that my children attended Montessori school, I did the same field trip every year to The Farm - our local pumpkin patch. After five years, I thought I would be relieved to leave that trip behind, but now that it's passed, I find myself still taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. For me, it's a great trip to the more rural part of our local area and a fun way to usher in the new season.

Have you visited your local pumpkin patch this year? If you need help finding one in your area, check out Pumpkin Patches and More for state by state listings. At the patches near me, you can take a hayride, get lost in the corn mazes, witness pumpkin launching contests (last year's record in our area was over 1800 feet!) and, of course, pick a pumpkin! This year our trip was complements of a friend who was having a birthday party at the pumpkin patch. What a great place for a birthday party! It makes me wish we had some Fall birthdays in our family.

We did take a look at the Pumpkin Pricing Guide while we were there to measure up the pumpkins from my parents' garden. I think they have at least $18 pumpkins. Not bad for first time growers. Maybe next year, my kids will have to set up a Pumpkin Stand. It could be the Fall replacement for the traditional lemonade stand!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment